Hiring and Volunteer Opportunities
The Edith B. Ford Library is not your average workplace. We are a highly driven and creative team with more than a tinge of madness fueling our goals of serving the community. Each of us fills an essential role and contributes their own ideas and goals to the overall vision.
Teen Tech Intern
The Edith B. Ford Memorial Library is seeking a Teen Intern to work with our IT Specialist to create technology-related activities for children and young teens. The Intern will work with youth to select activities; plan, execute and evaluate technology programs; and provide assistance with social media.
This is a ten week position, June 24-August 30. Scheduled hours are Wednesdays, 2-6pm and Fridays, 1-5pm.
- Experience with technology
- Interest in education/ leadership/ working with kids/ creating and teaching innovative programs for kids based
on your interests
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to receive/follow instructions
- Must be self-motivated and able to stay on task without direct supervision
- Must be 16-18 years old, have a way of transportation to/from the library, must be reliable, on time, and must have the ability to keep supervisor notified about vacations and time off.
Submit a letter of interest and personal references to:
Shannon O’Connor, Director
Edith B. Ford Memorial Library
7169 N. Main Street
PO Box 410
Ovid, NY 14521
Letters of interest should include technology experience and interest and your ability to work with children and teens.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Shelving books, checking items in and out, helping patrons with minor tech issues (printing, checking email, etc.) other responsibilities depending on your interest and skills.
No experience required, but customer service experience is a plus.